„Design meets Craft“ is a spin off of ABURY Collection GmbH transforming its experiences to a scalable platform model.
ABURY is bringing together international designers with traditional artisans since 2011. ABURY is also a certified B Corp since May 2017.
The best designers are selected through the ABURY Design Experience - the first global designer contest giving grants to designers to go to and work in a craft community for 2 months.
After working in the sector for many years and in many countries - Andrea identified four main areas that artisans are struggling with:
- contemporary design
- quality management / education
- professional and fair business processes
- access to international markets
This is when the idea of "Design meets Craft“ was born!
The origin of Abury
- ABURY identifies the best emerging designers and invites them to traditional craft communities.
- Designer provide quality, trend and design workshops to the artisans.
- Together, they create a uniquely designed, handmade collection,
- ABURY brings the collection and the stories to the market and the people.
- 50% of the profits are re-invested in further education projects in the communities